Duplicator is lightweight yet unique and powerful WordPress Plugin. There is no other plugin on the market that can match it’s exact features and performanse.
This plugin deals with one of the most common problems in WordPress administration: Duplicating WordPress content.
Duplicator is a WordPress plugin, and as so it should be installed just as any other both free or premium WordPress plugin.
There are two ways of installing a WordPress plugin, but since this is a premium plugin and not available in the WordPress.org respository, it has to be installed via a third party FTP program.
We recommend Filezilla for this purpose. So download Filezilla or any other similar FTP software and follow the following steps:
1. Download this WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
2. If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
3. Read through the “readme” file thoroughly to ensure you follow the installation instructions.
4. With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress.
5. Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded “Duplicator” Plugin in the list.
6. Click Activate to activate it.
Uppon plugin activation you will notice a “Duplicate Post” page under Settings menu from your wp-admin. From here you can set the options for duplicating posts:
1. Duplicate Post Status (to be saved as draft, unpublished, published, etc. once you copy a post or a page)
2. Redirect to link: if you want to go to the new copy after the process or stay at the original.
3. Suffix: for example you can add Copy and all duplicates will have a suffix copy created automaticaly.
Posts – To copy Posts, pages and other custom post types go to those post types.
For example, to duplicate posts go to “All Posts” page and on the bottom of each post you will see a “Duplicate” button. Just click it and the post is duplicated.
The same process is used for pages and custom post types as well.
Widgets – To copy widgets from one sidebar to another or even copy all widgets between to sidebars go to your widgets page.
To duplicate a single widget simply click the “Duplicate” button on the bottom of the widget.
To duplicate all widgets from one sidebar to another select the sidebar that you want to copy and the sidebar where to copy, from the widget selector on top of the sidebars.
Tags & Categories – To copy Tags, Categories and Custom Taxonomy go to the taxonomy page in settings.On the bottom of each taxonomy you will see a “Duplicate” link, which once is clicked instantly copies the taxonomy.
As promised by Envato you will receive 6 months of free updates and support if needed.
Update promise – We update all of our plugins regulary to increase their security, but in most cases we update them when WordPress it self is updated, to make sure that they are up to date with the newest version of WordPress.
How to update? – To update this plugin please use the official WP Envato Market plugin.
When to update? – You’ll get notified within Envato ecosystem inside the downloads section as soon as there is a new version of this plugin available.
Why to update? – Because older versions of WordPress plugins can be a potential security treats and as so, it is recommended to regulary update all of your plugins.
If you dont know how to inspect the page, or there are no errors shown but the plugin is still not working, please send us a support ticket and we will be glad to take a look.
Couldn’t find what your are looking for ? Why not send us a support ticket and let us help you.